We saw an interesting swirl pattern online and though we’d try it ourselves! Our desired result was for the soap to be zebra striped when finished. Rather than a traditional black and white, we thought black and purple would be fun. To make it more interesting we decided to use one of our micas that morph! To achieve the shade of purple we wanted we used Cellini Blue (click here to check out our earlier blog: Morphing Micas for more information and examples!)
To start things off we used a basic soap recipe with Blackberry and Ginger Ale fragrance oils to make it smell a bit like an Italian soda! In one pitcher we had activated charcoal for our black colorant, and in the other was Cellini Blue mica.
The swirl technique we tried involved pouring into opposite corners in layers while alternating between the two colors.
As you can see in the last photos above the Cellini Blue mica had already begin to morph! Below is a photo of the soap a few hours after pouring.
The next day the color had finished morphing into the bright purple we wanted! We cut the soap and are pleased with the results!