We have a new Gift Givers class coming up next month at Otion to prepare you for giving handmade gifts for the holidays. We will make custom lip balm, bath fizzies and sugar/salt scrubs. I’m playing around with a fun solid sugar scrub idea using my favorite scent this season: Cranberry Fig! Anne-Marie has a great post about making sugar cubes on Soap Queen based on Erin Pikor‘s single use body scrubs.
They are simple to make and super luxurious!
- 1 part shea butter melt-and-pour soap base, or base of preference
- Up to 1 part carrier oil (jojoba, sweet almond, avocado, etc.)
- 3 parts white sugar
- 4 ml of fragrance per pound of mixture
- I used the Celtic and Fall Leaves single cavity flexible molds, which are also great for lotion bars, soap and bath fizzies!
- Color is optional. Merlot mica was used in this example.
- Melt soap base and stir in carrier oil, fragrance and color.
- Pour sugar into melted soap and oil while stirring. If it hardens quickly, simply re-heat in microwave.
- Pour or spoon into molds. Place molded cubes in freezer for ten minutes, de-mold and enjoy!